GOALIE SESSION 2
SESSIONS are 90 minute practices by position designed to break down different aspects of that position. SESSIONS are taught by players and coaches who have first hand experience in those specific positions. The idea is to focus on individual positions so that players may bring the skills learned to team practices so they may spend more time on team oriented concepts and drills.
SESSIONS are open to ALL West Side players. Any player who wants to learn any position may attend any SESSION they want. West Side encourages all players to learn more as much about the game as possible. We believe in "utility players". Those are players who we can put on the field in multiple positions for multiple occasions. We encourage attackmen to attend the defense SESSIONS and vice versa to gain a better understanding of both positions and try to gain more competitive advantages through that knowledge. Mids should attend everything and everyone should try goalie at least once. A well rounded player is a better player and a better player plays more.
WINTER SESSION SCHEDULE
ALL SESSIONS WILL BE WEDNESDAY NIGHTS 8:00-9:30 @Soccer Stop in Holland (sorry for lateness. Only time available)
Winter SESSIONS will be run by Coach Greer and players from Hope College
- Jan 3rd - CANCELLED
- Jan 10th- Faceoffs and wing play
- Jan 17th- Attack. Dodging, feeding and finishing inside
- Jan 24th- Defense. Footwork and ground balls
- Jan 31st- Goalies. Arc work and saves
- Feb 7th- Shooting. Time and room and on the run
- Feb 14th- Faceoffs. Groundballs and transition
- Feb 21st- Attack & Defense.
- Attack 2 man game and low angle shooting
- Defense Communication and off ball technique
- Attack vs Defense
- Feb 28th- Shooting. Off the dodge, inside finishing
- March 7th- Goalies. Saves, Saves and Saves! ...and outlet passes.
SUMMER SESSIONS SCHEDULE TBA
Last week of May...
SESSIONS are open to players outside of West Side for $25 per practice.
Contact Coach Greer to register firstname.lastname@example.org