West Side Girls Lacrosse Try Outs 2020
WEST SIDE LACROSSE IS VERY EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE WILL BE Continuing and growing our GIRLS LACROSSE PROGRAM FOR THE 2020 SUMMER SEASON!
After great first summer and fall seasons we are very happy to announce we will be moving forward and growing our girls lax program. We are excited to meet new people, go new places and compete at a new level! Here is what we have planned so far...
WEST SIDE SUMMER 2020 TRY OUTS
We are very excited to grow the girls program after tremendously successful Summer and Fall seasons.
- TEAMS: West Side is planning on having 2 High School teams along with 2 youth teams at the 7th/8th grade and 5th/6th grade levels. 4 Teams total.
- TRY OUTS: Sunday, Jan 5th 2020 @ The Soccer Stop in Holland, $10 per player to try out
- 5/6 & 7/8 teams - 1:00-2:15
- High School - 2:30-4:00
- TOURNAMENTS: West Side is in the early stages of planning our summer schedule. The plan is to compete in 3-4 tourneys for the HS teams and 3 for the youth. We try to look for mostly local-ish tourneys to cut down on travel and hotel costs and choose tourneys based on their quality and professionalism. Here are the tourneys we are looking at so far. Schedule is tentative and subject to change.
- COACHES: West Side will employ only experienced coaches and former players with college experience. Our goal is to have 2 coaches per team at practices and games. Great coaching is the cornerstone of a successful program and we will do our best to provide our players with knowledgeable, passionate and experienced coaches. As of right now we have a few coaches with Spring and Summer experience and are always looking for more great people to join our program.
- TRAINING: West Side offers both team and position practices. Training will begin the last week of May with team practices beginning the first week of June. There will be 2 practices per week for 7 weeks and 8-10 position practices. All practices will be 90 minutes and held in Grand Haven. A more detailed practice schedule will be posted when finalized. We are also looking into winter training.
- COMMUNICATION: West Side prides itself on our communication and offers multiple forms to ensure all players, coaches and families are well informed. We use team email lists, Remind 101 Text alerts, website with dedicated team pages and social media platforms facebook, instagram and twitter. Coach Greer is also available for conversation at any time and is happy engage in all West Side or lacrosse related queries.
- COST: TBD
Again, we are very excited to continue this chapter for West Side Lacrosse. West Side is a family owned and operated company that belongs to the players and families. We are proud of our lacrosse, our community and our program and we look forward to growing our family, making new friends and building new relationships, all while playing some high level lacrosse!
REGISTER for try outs HERE
Our priorities are simple. 1. Have Fun 2. Improve 3. Compete... And always play with Class & Respect.
Please contact me anytime with questions or concerns. I look forward to hearing from you.
Murle Greer/ Program Director & Coach